Labels

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Calling Me Home, Hickory Wind



Spent two days in a car. I do not like travel. Could live the remainder of my life fine never going further than fromm pasture 1 to pasture 5.

But this was important. I located a mare that will be an important part of the Corolla off site breeding program. Beth and I went down to South Carolina to see her. Most time I spent with my wife in a very long time--that part was great.

The mare will be a very important part of the breeding program, impeccible Colonial Spanish credentials from one the few remaining horses that can trace all their roots back to the Spanish horses of the southeast.

(It just struck me that vast majority of the non family related long trips that I have taken since I was a young teen either involved music or horses.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do like to travel..35 odd countries I have been to..I think I used my quota though.
She is a pretty girl, and I think this is the right thing to do. The science of genetics has come a long way over the last century, it gives me hope that these horses can be saved.
The learning curve is not too far off of being able to clone them from saved DNA. I am not too sure how I feel about that, except that ma nature's way is better, I much prefer it, and that I do not want to imagine a world without our tiny giants.-Lloyd