Labels

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Wrong Turn Taken





I am a teacher. Nothing makes me happier than to be with dedicated, curious, driven kids. Absolute exhaustion gets completely wiped away when Emily's eye's light up and she says, "Can we do 'Tanney Town' now?" I love watching Samantha and Lydia start colts so much better than most owners could afford to pay to have it done.

And I love teaching my granddaughter to sing the song impressivly. Any little kid can look cute--I want it done on time, on key, and with some feeling. She has learned to do that everytime she reaches the microphone. No telling how good she will be after she turns six years old!

Christina has come down from Rutgers twice to do internships on how we train and raise horses. She will be a great veterinarian before long and she will be one that understands the importantance of natural hoof care, natural horsemanship and natural horse care.

I should have been a high school history teacher or a college professor.

Life would have been much better

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And she will be a vet who understands that different strains and breeds of horse require different conditions...conditions that are very often contrary to popular (for lack of better terms..) wisdom.

It is an awesome group of young amd not so young folks in this equine driven family.

I have discovered that long hard rides with lydia are a good thing...challenges me. -Lloyd