Labels

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Alone?

There are few things that I enjoy as much as riding with people that I care about. I generally do so several mornings each week before coming into the office. In the last week 

I fell back into doing something a bit different--something that I have not done much of in years. Riding alone. Riding with the sound of only one set of hooves--being truly alone with one's horse and one's mind is a great way to stimulate creativity. And it is not an "instead of" proposition. It is an "in addition to" proposition.

The simple reality is that if I am going to wrack up the number of miles that I must for 2024 many of those miles will be solitary rides. I don't know how I drifted away from riding by myself but I am certainly going to fall back into the practice to pick up several hundred more miles in the saddle beyond what I have been doing. 

No comments: