Labels

Monday, September 26, 2011

You Cannot Forget Who You Are




"She looked up at what she thought must be the dirtiest grownup that she had ever seen. From the top of his beat up Australian hat to the bottom of his worn out boots, the only part of him not covered in dust was covered in a mud made of sweat and dust.

Being only five years old, she didn't realize that it was impolite to stare.

"What's wrong girl? Don't I look like a lawyer to you?," he asked, with the voice of a very worn out Wilford Brimley.

"No sir, you look like a man that teaches horses to be nice for little girls," she explained.

And that is who I am. I have no interest in being more than that. On a few occasions I have allowed my program to drift into versions of other trainer's programs. That has been a mistake. Parelli can be, and should be Parelli. I doubt if he would have any interest in doing what I do. I also doubt that he would be able to do what I do.

I do not want to be anything different than the man that teaches horses to be nice for little girls.

No comments: