Labels

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hailey And Kiowa



She is a serious and very responsible little girl. She keeps a watch on so she can tell me when it is time to ride back to the tack shed. She memorizes where the rocks are on the trails so that when we ride in the dark she will know when we should come down to a walk. She gets out of her family's van and immediately casts her eye around the horse lot, making sure that everyone is ok.

Kiowa is her Virginia City Range mustang that she adopted from USERL. Kiowa is as alert and responsible as Hailey. She snorts keeps a constant eye out for dangers in the woods and cutover.

I have ridden with Hailey at night. I have ridden with her early in the morning. I have ridden with Hailey in the rain. I have ridden with Hailey in the blazing sun. I have ridden with her when it was too hot. I have ridden with her when it was too cold. I have ridden with her when I was exhausted. I have ridden with her when I was on fire with energy.

I have never ridden with her without being delighted to have her with me.

People make life too complicated. If the ham is sliced thin, the raw oysters are salty and the ice tea is with in reach--the party is a good one.

If I'm riding in front and Hailey is riding behind me and we are covering miles of woods and swamp and cutover---the life is a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is a delight...One thing left out here is courageous. "Hailey, how would you like to be the first to ride Noelle." "Ok!"

Up she went. -Lloyd