Labels

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Got To Run To Keep From Hiding



I am throwing my hat over the wall. I can't go home without it. So there will be no choice but to do some wall climbing. I am putting on my climbing shoes this summer.

We are about to go full bore with the Gwaltney Frontier Farm. I am looking to expand what we do on many levels. I have always been cautious and prudent in developing our program. But it is getting very late in the game for the Corollas. If I continue to produce and place 1-3 Corollas a year we will not have enough domestic Corollas to serve as a safety net should the wild herd cease to be. Last year I only bred two mares. They will be having little ones shortly.

In August we will breed several more Corolla mares. I hope to have two Shackleford mares by summers end and I intend to breed them. We will all have to work very hard to insure that our program continues to grow and we are able to place these foals with others dedicated to helping stave off their extinction.

A little faith, a bit of trust, and a willingness to work very hard.

That will get my hat back

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do wish I had a decent sized patch of land out here...it would tickle me no end, to raise a few. Oh well...keep on doing what I do. -Lloyd

Unknown said...

We've been talking about adding a mare here. Probably around Spring or Summer 2015.