Labels

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boys Home Visit




Last summer we gave three Corolla yearlings to Boys Home of Covington. Virginia. They have a colt and two fillies, all from completely different pairings of parents. The colt pictured above is The Black Drink, born of Baton Rouge and Tradewind. They are doing a great job gentling and training them and this time next year I expect that they will be under saddle.

Last week the kids stopped by and we worked horses a bit. I showed them our various livestock and before I went to bed that night each had ridden either a Corolla or Chincoteague.

The greatest hope for the future of domesticated Corollas is in the development of  breeding centers such as this one. I expect to have two foals born this month that could be the beginning of another  breeding center. This is a great opportunity to do something for future generations of horses and people.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed their visit. What a great bunch of young folks! I hope they return. I hope young Ashton continues to learn to use a lariat. -Lloyd