Labels

Friday, August 16, 2019

Janie's Incredible Weight Loss Plan






No, not some internet huckster with some pill to change your body forever--I'll be the first to admit that the results are temporary.

But they are still extraordinary.

Over the last two and a half months I have been riding Janie steadily harder in five mile stretches of trotting and cantering. She has gotten into tremendous shape and has developed the power to canter with maximum efficiency.

She has given me much more than I expected from her--or from any horse. Riding her became a different experience as she got stronger.

I realized last week that I could get on her weighing 225 pounds, trot her for a mile and a half--move into a soft lope....and I lost weight. A lot of weight.

In fact, I drop about 225 pounds during those loping sessions.

While I am riding her at her soft canter I feel weightless. The only time that I have ever experienced a similar sensation is when I have first awakened in a dentist chair as the anesthesia wore off.

Like the anesthesia, Janie makes me float--weightless and perfectly peaceful.

Weight loss of 225 pounds--it feels great while it is happening.

It is a shame that so few people ever get to experience such a ride. Unless we buckle down and work hard to prevent the extinction of these super horses there will be a time when no one will experience such rides.


No comments: