Labels

Monday, February 17, 2014

On The Road Again



One of the best things to come from our conversion to a nonprofit is that we are bringing in the insights of others who understand what we do and who can see things from a different perspective than I could. One of those changes is that they want me to make myself available for outside clinics on natural horsemanship.

There is much good in that idea. More people need to understand that kids can learn natural horsemanship at least as well as adults and, in many cases, much better. I do not know of anyone else out there who has been teaching kids to do this as long as I have.

I hate travel. I could be perfectly happy without ever leaving forty miles of the horse lot for the remainder of my life. I do not like vacations. I do not like trips. However, this is important.

My presentations are worth the effort to see. The unvarnished reality is that I know how to make natural horsemanship appear as simple as it actually is and have no desire to impress anyone by making it look more complicated.

And I know how to hold an audience's attention.

O.K., I'll admit it--one on one I can be a bit boring and perhaps eccentric, but when I have an audience in front of me charisma drips off of me like sweat.

So, if you would like to discuss having me come to your area and put on a big session for teachers, 4-H leaders and members, or people who just want to learn how their horse wants to be handled and why the horse feels that way, send us a note. I am not sure how much they plan to charge to ship me around to do clinics, but I strongly suspect that it will be highly affordable. (One proposal involves charging for me by the pound. That could be a great deal because I am training hard right now and dropping pounds pretty quickly) I am making arrangements to have my blood drawn and to get my coggins test done. If I do not have sleeping sickness I will be available after the buds come out on the trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh..I am mentally preparing myself now for the established horse world's reaction to the unvarnished truth. This ought to be fun.
I love this picture of you and Red Feather, and even though it can be a bit risky, training from horseback the way we did that day is a great tool in the toolbox.
That was one of the better days in the round pen... -Lloyd