Labels

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where His Spirit Is That Will Be a Good Place To Be


"Oh yea, Steve, I forgot to tell you. I had a dream about Lido," KC called out in the pitch darkness. We were on a nighttime ride. Persa was gaiting smoothly as she cut through the night air like a bullet. I had just looked down to my hands and could not see them in the darkness.

"But KC, you never met Lido. He died before you ever came out here," I pointed out.

"I know but I saw a picture of him. It was a neat dream. It was just me and him talking in my barn. I don't remember everything we talked about, mainly goats, but it was so cool," he excitedly went on.

Black Elk was once asked the location of the grave of Crazy Horse. "Where his body is does not matter. For it is grass. But where his spirit is that will be a good place to be."

I do not know exactly where Lido's ashes are but I know that they are scattered across the farm where we trained Nick, broke wild horses, did clinics and demonstrations,and went on his first trail ride. Where those ashes are does not matter. Where his spirit is, that will be a very good place to be.

3 comments:

virginagirl said...

Black Elk had the right idea, I think it will be a good place to be.

Priscilla said...

I don't think I've ever had a dream about you without Lido being in it too.

virginagirl said...

I think that it would have been a good dream.
You(Steve) should write a song for Black Elk's quote.
-Lydia