Labels

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home Coming

Valor would be dead but for the care my riders provided her while she convalesced in my mustang pen. She was removed from the wild because she was a physical wreck. She was nursing a foal and had some sort of internal infection. She was the skinniest living creature that I had ever seen. When she came to us she was too weak to hold her head up and was covered with ticks.

Her road to recovery was slow but she is in great shape now. She has spent about a year with the wonderful people at Wrangler Ranch who provide temporary boarding for Corollas that have to be removed from the wild. While there she received great care but no training.

Her body is great but she is a...well, what Barbara Bush said "rhymes with witch." She is cranky and does not like people. While looking in the mirror a few weeks ago I saw a person that Valor could learn to like.

Tuesday she will be the newest wild horse at Mill Swamp Indian Horses. I must admit that I am a bit excited about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are only excited a bit!! That is an understatment.