Labels

Friday, June 7, 2013

No, I Don't Think That She Is More Eccentric Than Me. Why Do You Ask?



In "Tombstone" Doc Holliday asked Wyatt Earp, "Are you a deliberate man, Mr. Wyatt Earp?" By "deliberate" he meant calm, steady and unflappable.

Lydia is a deliberate horse person. She is makes up her own mind. Slowly sometimes, but generally with very sound reasoning. I never dismiss any thing she says out of hand and I usually do not end up dismissing it all.

She's much like Rebecca in that regard. They both know what's on my mind without asking and will do what needs to be done with out me asking them to do so.

I have never been an inflexible manager. Of course, when I was younger I wanted things done my way. Now I simply want things done. I do not like having to think all the time. Lydia let's my mind rest.

I have a great core of people that really understand what we are doing out here. They are willing to put in the time and hard work to help build a program that is meaningful to horses and to people with lives that need meaning.

I am lucky to have those people and I am especially lucky to have Lydia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to watch Lydia work a horse...she has an ability to connect with the animal that is uncanny...