Labels

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

They Do Not Prepare You For This In Law School



My wrist is messed up. Current diagnosis is carpal tunnel syndrome. I hope that that is incorrect. Aside from being painful and quite limiting it is also so...ordinary. Nearly cliche.

The pain is really not that big of a deal but the real problem is that it makes it impossible for me to play nearly all stringed instruments and to water my hogs. Now you might not think that that is a big deal but there are few sights on a farm more compelling than a sow with a parched, dry throat. The more polite little pigs simply cough quietly and clear their throats in hopes that I will get them a glass of water.

But ingenuity overcomes all problems. My problem was not water per se. It was water in five gallon buckets. A bit hard to tote several buckets over and then dump them in the water containers. However, there are few sights as heart warming as a pen full of hogs gently sipping through straws. Makes me glad that I went ahead and bought that set of drug store counter stools.

I had hoped to gain from the experience of others. I am sure that there are many prosecutors out there that have had to deal with carpal tunnel syndrome. Yet not a single one has responded to my requests for information on the discussion boards.

All I want to know how other lawyers with carpal tunnel syndrome have watered their hogs and played their bouzoukis. You'd think that someone attorney would offer advise and encouragement.

Continued silence on this issue could cause people to start to have a poor opinion of lawyers.


1 comment:

DianneW said...

I cannot help with the bouzoukis, but I may be able to help with the hogs. Can you lift a filled bucket with your good arm? If so, get a coaster wagon. Put the filled buckets in the wagon and pull them to the water trough. Float a piece of wood on each bucket to reduce the water that sloshes out. This might even be useful when your wrist heals since you can get three buckets in a wagon, but can carry only two.