Labels

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Most Troubling Question



Several weeks ago I got a bit of correspondence from a very good man who I knew to be about my age. Among other things, he asked me in so many words, if I was worried that I would not get enough good things accomplished before I died. No one ever asked that before.

Worried? Worried? No, I am not "worried", much more than simple worry. I am crushed by the prospect.

Don't misinterpret. I have no reason to think that I have reached the end the of the game. In fact, I am the healthiest fat man that you are likely to encounter. The people in my family that do not smoke and drink tend to live to incredible ages. I expect that I will too.

But I have wasted too much time and squandered too much talent in my life. I want most of all to achieve one thing during my life, or even after it ends. I want our program to grow.

Our program is good. It accomplishes much of what I want it too. It saves horses and changes kids. There is no touchy-feely,goo-goo stuff when I say that. What we do is not perfect but it is real.

And it is not magic. Anyone that cares about horses and kids can do what we do. That is not modesty. That is honesty.

Our model of natural horsemanship, natural horse care, and natural hoof care can be used anywhere a person has access to enough acreage to run the operation. And I can can teach how it is done.

I am looking at putting together a package on how we do things and all the considerations that one should make before building a program like ours. One must look at much more than horsemanship and must consider incorporation, taxation, land use, insurance, budgeting, and a slew of other things that, if ignored, can kill dreams. Those interested in building a program like ours can come down and see everything first hand. Might even let them stay at the Little House.This will take time to develop

And their in lies the absolute crushing prospect. We are going to be jumping into a lot of significant program upgrades in 2013. It will likely be as late as 2014 before we can offer that service. I want very much to get this done.

If you saw the segment on Wild About Animals about our program you can see how simple it is to do what we do.

You can also see why it is worth doing.

No comments: