Labels

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On Her Own


Danielle has been riding and training with me for a long time. She is only 13 but I have turned one three year old over to her to start on her own. Bird Women will be her first horse to take on with little assistance from me. She will do fine. Last Friday while I was working with one colt she went off to the next pen with a colt that would not allow human contact. Without saying a word she did a great job of advance and retreat until she touched the scared young horse.
She spends more time in the horse lot than any of my riders. Here she is with her current favorite ride, Comet. For those of you who have read my book--yes that Comet. The one that was so hard to start. The one that was just crazy. Now he is sane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have done most of the important stuff. You just helped when I mounted.

Cyndi said...

The confidence Daniells gains will be the foundation for mastery and competence in the future. True qualities of a successful woman...