Labels

Thursday, March 14, 2019

And I Really Don't Know Anyone Who Does The Job Better




We have two great young horse professionals in our program. Lydia Barr (the taller one in the picture above) is a first rate horse gentler. She knows how to explain horse behavior to her clients. It really does not matter if a trainer can get a horse to react wonderfully for the trainer. What matters is how it will act for the owner and Lydia understands that every horse with a problem has an owner that will need to be a part of the training process.

Jenn Hill is a farrier. She has both a great deal of practical experience and also has professional training in Oklahoma. Jenn understands natural horsemanship and she knows how to humanely get a horse to relax and respond well to trimming. She is the best barefoot trimmer that I know of. She keeps the horses in our program well trimmed.

When I was five Daddy went off to Tennessee to spend the summer learning to shoe horses. He trimmed area horses for over fifty years. I trimmed horses that were particularly difficult to handle from high school until I was about forty years old. I gentled and trained horses from about age twelve.

I know what good trimming and good training look like.

If you want to see what good trimming and good training look like get in touch with Jenn Hill and Lydia Barr.

No comments: