Labels

Friday, February 10, 2012

Subtle Sounds of Success




I cannot get the sound out of my mouth that Steve Earle does. I had not been able to figure it out. No matter how correct my pitch is, it does not have the remotest of Steve Earle's sound.

This morning while listening to him do Gram Parsons', "My Uncle", I discovered my problem. He does not merely have a Texas accent. He has a Steve Earle accent. Some of these syllables come out in an accent that I have never encountered. It is a cliche to say that when a performer covers someone else's song he "makes it his own." When Steve Earle sings he seems to make the English language his own.

Riding does not just come in "disciplines" or even "styles". Riding comes in accents. At Mill Swamp my little riders ride with our unique accent.

I like the way our riding and training program is starting to sound.

No comments: