Labels

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dark and Stormy Weather




Minimal damage here though more damage to fences than ever before. Wind blew hundreds of bushels of Red Maple leaves down. Working hard to get them up before they wilt and are consumed. Just got power on. Have not slept in my own home in five nights (a modern record for me.)

Wild Corollas did fine. My horses are doing ok. Hogs are happy. War Admiral missed me more than anyone. Holland was glad to see me.

Further evidence that when one seeks a friend one should, to the degree possible, restrict the pool of potential friends to those who enjoy a good meal of hay and getting their ears scratched.

During my sojourn in the mountains I picked up a new instrument called a "lap harp".

I have about figured out how to play it. Sounds great but little volume--will have to keep it close to the microphone.

I know that this post seems more like a facebook note than a thoughtful blog post, but I just wanted to let everyone know that things are fine here--no better, but no worse either.

1 comment:

DianneW said...

I am glad to hear from you in whatever format you choose.