Labels

Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Doing Does For You




Achievement leads to self respect and confidence. If the achievement is significant to the achiever, it can have many unanticipated benefits.

Last Friday I rode 48 miles on Holland and the next day I rode 50 miles on Ta Sunka. This is just routine riding for horseman of the 17th and 18th century, but for my 51 year old body it was quite an accomplishment.

I had a full docket of cases on Monday. For the first time since Lido died I held the court room in my hand. I prosecuted with the same focus and intensity that once came so naturally to me.

I did not think that that would ever return and I had come to accept that realization as simply something beyond my control. How could one ever believe that riding 98 miles would have this impact?

The only things more inscrutable than the human mind are the ways of God.

4 comments:

virginagirl said...

I am glad I could be apart of everything. Amen and Amen

Shelley Duguid Spears said...

This is a blessing, and Lido must be your angel....lucky you.

Shelley Duguid Spears said...

This is a blessing, and Lido must be your angel....lucky you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear...Liz