Labels

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Teach Your Children Well



Few things make me as proud as seeing my little riders correctly training horses and starting colts on their own. One thing that rivals that is to watch my little riders train new little riders. Danielle was out this morning and gave me a hand teaching several new riders in the round pen. Her instruction was impeccable. She was not smug or condescending and gave great suggestions to the kids.

I expect that many of my riders will teach others to ride as they get older. We are planting vines and they are starting to run.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

All of your riders are helpful to those of us just learning. You have done a great job of lighting a fire and passing it on, Steve. They are not only learning to train horses, though; they are learning how to treat people too.

DianneW said...

Perhaps this is the Best Reason to be Optimistic about the Future.