Labels

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Training to Ride Hard

 


Barefoot running is one of the newest/oldest exercise trends to come around. It is perhaps the best aroebic exercise to train and strenthen a rider's leg muscles. There are 100 other benefits to the exercise that can best be discovered by doing a bit of research and then hitting the road.

Serious rounds of Tabata Protocol sessions, and barefoot running, coupled with strength training for the core muscles, are the best combination of exercises that I have found to get one's body ready to comfortabley handle a 50 mile ride.

That plus hours upon endless hours in the saddle.

(Here is a shot that Emily took of my littlest little rider, my two year old grand daughter, training hard for her first big ride.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

That is an amazing picture! I can't do barefoot running where I am for obvious reasons... (*cactus!*)

DianneW said...

There is a book of exercises specifically for riders. It is a number of years old. I do not know the title or author (my computer that held all of that information died and I did not have it backed up).