Labels

Friday, May 7, 2010

Costs of Doing Business

If success is gaged in financial terms, our program is yet to be a proven success. I am proud of our other successes but I make no claim to being a good businessman. We are working on the financial short falls and with some changes that will reduce feed costs the venture can make a profit. I do not like those kinds of costs, but I can live with them.

Some of the other costs are not dealt with so easily. Running this place in addition to my job as a prosecutor is really taking a toll on my body. Tendinitis that seems ceaseless, muscle tears, banged up bones, these are costs that are not so easily handled. The irony is that it takes so much time to repair fence, water the horses, and worm them that I do not have enough time to train horses, or simply ride as much as I need to. To make matters worse, I seems that I have been operating over the past 10 days with a case of strept throat.

A cold blooded analysis of the situation can yield but one result--chronological hyper-extension. That is the real problem. I have stretched my body for about all my age can handle. I am only old chronologically speaking, but it turns out that that is the only kind of age that matters.

1 comment:

Willem said...

Good luck Steve. Keep taking high doses of that HL.