Labels

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mount Up Like On Wings of Eagles


Yesterday was the most important day that we have ever had in our horse lot. We have a group of guests down from Boys Home in Covington. They spent the day working horses and riding and we will do more of the same today.

They will be starting a program based on what we do, from starting colts right on up to riding. The boys are attentive and deadly serious students. They understand how much fun the horses are and I am working to get them to understand how much the horses can do to improve our lives.

Yesterday was like being in a Walt Disney movie. Rain in the Face has probably only had about 10 hours of handling in his nearly 3 years of living. By mid afternoon, after having worked him all morning, Jimmy and Cody rode him in the round pen. He never bucked. He never bolted. He never spooked. Later in the afternoon the boys and several of my riders went for a long ride in the woods. Rain will soon be one of their horses.

We have four colts and one older broke mare who have decided that they want to go and live in Covington. Boys Home has pasture, a barn, and kids. All they need is horses and heavy training in natural horsemanship. That is where we come in.

This is going to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your picture, Steve!!! LOL

wendy said...

To the MS crew,

You must all feel so good about the programm you have created. This model can go far!

We have horses at our home that I love and enjoy immensely, but I must admit I have a special feeling whenever I am at Steve's and around you all and the horses. (I'm even "crushin" on Sunka..scary)

And better yet it lingers long after I leave. Just like one of my favorite candies.. the Everlasting Gobstopper from the Willy Wonka Factory!

I go home with peaceful thoughts that last right thru putting my head on a pillow and for an insomniac that is a miracle.

Time spent there is raw, wild, and free. Perfect therapy for wounded souls, perfect outlet for athletic youth, and a perfect tonic for menopausal women!

Priscilla said...

Great!! :) :) :)