Labels

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yesterday I Rode a Little Spanish Horse

The catch is that I had not done so in several days because I have been working with a large BLM stock mare. When I first got this horse I thought that she was the most comfortable horse one could ever encounter. Her natural collection gave rise to a canter to was one of the smoothest that I had ever experienced.

That was before I ever rode Ta Sunka, or a Corolla or Shackleford. Those with modern horses seem shocked that someone my age can take a fifty mile in a day ride and still walk the next day. I doubt if I could do so on a modern horse. I guess that modern horses are ok for kids, but when one's copy of Horse Illustrated arrives in the mail along with the latest news from the AARP, it is time to get on a Spanish Colonial Horse.

No comments: