Labels

Monday, July 13, 2009

Fence Pole Fencing



Over the winter we cut a few hundred mimosa poles and used them to strengthen our field fencing. So far the experiment has been a tremendous success. The poled areas have remained strong and no horse has breached them. Of course, we still line the top of our fencing with electric wire.

This winter, when the poison ivy is gone from the woods we will cut several thousand more poles and complete the job. The fencing is affordable and very functional. It is very labor intensive, but it is unique. I know of no other fencing in our area like it, which is very important to me. The only thing worse than looking like everyone else is being like everyone else.

I love my stick fencing much more than the conformist, Mao suit, type fencing that I see on other operations.

No comments: