Labels

Monday, February 16, 2009

My Deepest Sympathies...



.....to anyone stuck with timid,whiney,sissified little grand children. I have just returned from the horse lot where I have had to listen to my little three year old grand son complain, whine, and finally start crying at the top of his lungs.

However, he was complaining because he wanted me to saddle him a horse so we could ride in the woods, like we did for over an hour yesterday. He was whining, "I want to ride a horse now." And he was crying "Why can't we ride Grandaddy?"

It was music to my ears. Looks like I will always have someone to ride with me.

(The picture above is my grandson astride Croatoan 16 months ago.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that soon Aiden will have a riding buddy (besides you of course Steve). My 3 yr. old brother Mikhail announced today that he wants to ride a horse. He elaborated this statement with saying "I will make the horse run really fast. And then, I will make the horse stop." When I asked which horse he wanted to ride he replied with "the feather horse." I told him Red Feather might not be a great horse for little boys to ride. To which he answered, "I'm a big boy and if he bucks I'll hold on really really tight!"