Labels

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Miss Me When I'm Gone?



Today was one of the few days that I have been too sick to go into the office. Luckily, I did not have any cases scheduled for trial today so I doubt that I was missed. However, when feeding up I noticed that I had a young donkey with a hoof problem. I had no choice but to trim her hoof. There have been very few times that I have ever trimmed any of the donkey's feet without having Lido there to help me. I am tired of doing things without Lido.

Last Saturday night the monthly tack auction was held in Courtland. Lido loved to go there and wheel and deal. I did not go and I don't think that I ever will be able to go again.

The first time that a mustang hurt me badly I was left with a concussion and several broken ribs. Unfortunately, Beth and my daughters were in Colorado at a soft ball tournament. I was not left without first rate medical attention. Lido stayed with me, got me my medicine, cooked for me and even pulled me up off of the sofa with his one strong arm. He was about 12 then.

This week someone asked me how many kids were in my family and I told the that I have twelve little adopted brothers and sisters. As soon as I heard the words come out of my mouth, it hit me like a punch in the chest. I used to have 12 little adopted brothers and sisters. Now I have 11.

(The picture above is of Nick,the donkey that Lido broke to ride. This is the same Nick that is in the book. For any of you that might be confused after reading the book, in the book I referred to Lido by his adopted name, Patrick)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is soooooo much to be missed from Lido's absence ....and always will be.
Last weekend Wendy was talking about being at the auction and bidding. I told her no one will ever be able to bid like Lido did!
Just like the many things that Lido did that no one will ever be able to do like Lido did! Ms Terry XO

Anonymous said...

Lido will always be missed, but he would not want you to be sad - you know that. He would want you to be happy; to enjoy life and enjoying what you do with the riders and helping preserve the Corolla Spanish Mustangs.

Anonymous said...

everyone will miss lido... sometimes when he walked by my bus we would talk for a few min.... he the only one who would actually stop

Sarah Barr said...

Mr. Edwards,
You still have 12 little adopted brothers and sisters. Lido didn't evaporate. Lord willing he is rejoicing in heaven, where nobody will mock him.
God is always good.