Labels

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Relaxing Ride over the weekend

*By Rebecca*

It's moments like these that I forget the demands of the everyday. I can relax on my short Corolla stallion, totally free from responsibilities. Swerving around and ducking under branches while cantering behind cute kids grabbing branches above brings me back to my previous carefree childhood. Of course, I love my life now, but there's something about spending a Saturday with horses and kids that puts a smile on my face. I get to forget about the dishes, about the mess I must clean up at home, I can forget about the computer emails to catch up on. I get to forget about comments that people leave on our blog that hurts feelings and upsets children.
This blog is not to upset anyone. It's here to share Mill Swamp's vision and goals. Can we breed Quarter Horses, teach cutting, pole bending, keyhole, and barrel racing? In addition to that can we raise million-dollar Arabians while also teaching hunter-jumping and dressage, oh and cross country endurance rides? Can we do all that AND save Corolla horses and every wild herd out there? Absolutely not. No one can. But certainly we can do one small part that matters. Breed those Corolla Spanish Horses for love and obedience, and comfort and strength in riding. That alone produces great conformation. Let's not forget that good conformation can mean one thing for dressage judges and a completely different thing for endurance riders. So why is this such a point of dissention? Please be constructive in your comments. If not for Steve, for his little riders who read this.

No comments: