Labels

Monday, May 4, 2020

Now Listen Very Closely While I Scream Something At You



I am not in pain this morning. I am sixty years old, arthritic, and by any measure at least forty pounds over weight.

And yesterday I rode the easiest, most comfortable thirty miles of primarily trotting and cantering  that I have ever spent on a horse at that distance.

I have only lost eight pounds in the last month so the weight loss does not account for the improvement. For several weeks now I have incorporated light weight training into a tabata protocol work out that has radically improved my level of fitness and strength. 

And it takes about 7 minutes a day.

A horse can carry a fit rider much easier than one who is weak and unsteady. A rider who is fit can flow with the horse's movement in a way that makes riding much easier than can be done otherwise.

If you want to do something great for yourself and your horse, check with your doctor first and research tabata protocol and see if it is right for you.

No comments: