Labels

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Correlations


Set out below are the unscientific, anecdotal observations of a set of correlations concerning horses and their owners. I feel fully qualified to opine on such matters because I am an utterly unscientific observer of anecdotal data.

There is a strong correlation between:

the high cost of a horse with the likelihood of that horse to be lame.
the ugliness of a women with her obsession with having a horse with "perfect" conformation.
the absurd, pretentious, lengthiness of an owner's name with having a horse with an absurd, pretentious, lengthy name.
the utter ignorance of a horse owner with the high volume in which the owner displays that ignorance for all to hear.
the bland conformity of a horse owner with the likelihood that that owner will own a quarter horse.
a women's knowledge of, and desire to follow all of the "rules" of proper horse care, with my delight that I did not end up married to her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Nice word choice!
-Lydia

wendy said...

Now I am worried about the name issue! I have shortend mine to WenDE but what to do with Le Hee Hunnee Kee La Ha Washdie? (Heck I cannot even spell it)

Katelyn Kemp said...

That horsie in the picture is Zipps Blue Eyed Honey out of Bars Two Eyed Step and Zippo Neon Twister....yet she goes by Honey;)
No matter what your born it's what you become that makes you who you are.

Priscilla said...

I agree! Horses hate having rules obeyed on them. I think that you should ditch the martingale, three bits, and saddle. "Disobey" some rules for once and take a canter around the pen with a halter.
Cricket would hate my guts if I was always obeying rules...