Labels

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Homecoming: Persa's Back In The Riding Rotation

She is the most sure footed horse that I have ridden. Early on in her training she took me through a flooded woods with not a trail to be found in it. She is a Shackleford, smooth gaited and likes to move out. She raised a foal for the offsite breeding program and since then has been over at another farm. When I got to the horse lot tonight I was shocked and delighted to see that Jen, Lydia, and Elise had brought her home so we can get her refreshed, retrained and ready for very hard riding. This is the first time in a long time that I have been able to stand there in the dark and rub the neck of one of my favorite horses.

Just a few days ago Ethan rode Ghost Dance with me for a short ride around the field. He has her completely ready for the woods. Lloyd has made big progress with Scoundrel Days. Elise has done a great job of refining Manny and making him lighter to ride. Hugh is doing great work with Monique and Emily Heard rode Mozelle for her first ride outside of he round pen. Ashley was back on Peter today.

Yes, this has been a great week..

No comments: