Labels

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Paradox Of Sleep



There is no easy answer to this dilemma. I am sleeping more hours per night than I have since the 1992 Presidential campaign.

As a direct result I am getting less accomplished than I have in many, many years. In order to get things done that need doing I need to be up and rolling by 3:00 am. It is not simply that I am accustomed to working early. The problem is much deeper. My creativity shuts down about 10:00 am--that is true whether I wake up at 2:30 or, as has recently been happening, 5:30.

Not only do I have less time for work, I find that I have no time for either playing music or listening to it.

I am fully aware of the importance to one's health of sleeping a significant portion of the night. But I am even more aware of the importance of putting some points on the board before the last whistle blows.

I assume that there is some median that will result in a practical compromise. So I will keep digging around until I stumble on the best time to wake up.

No comments: