Labels

Friday, July 29, 2011

Keep On The Firing Line




I was delighted to wake up this morning to read on the Horse of the Americas Registry Message Board that Rebecca Stevenson has agreed to become the new editor of the HOA Newsletter. She has two great little boys, a wonderful young mustang, and a husband, Mark, who just completed the Virginia Bar Exam.

Rebecca worked of months getting my website together and I have depended on her for many years. She has been an integral part of the development of our program.

Immediately after Lido died, when the Lido Fund was being planned, I learned of a discussion that came up concerning the administration of the Fund. It was discussed that, while my input in some of the decisions might be helpful, no one thought it appropriate to burden me with any such decisions at that time.

The administrators of the Fund decided that they would, instead, seek Rebecca's input because she would know what I would want done without having to ask me. For many years now Rebecca has known what I think, (or what I should think), without ever having to ask me.

It is good to have such a person nearby.

No comments: