Labels

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Way That Surprises Should Work




Last night I got too happy for a man my age. As I pulled up to the tack shed in the darkness I could make out the outline of my riders as they began to saddle up for a night ride. Andrew, one of my newest riders, looks a bit like KC, one of my favorite riders who now rides bulls instead of mustangs. Last night the resemblance seemed a bit too uncanny. It was not Andrew. It was KC saddling up Manteo just like I had seen him do so many times in the past.

Before KC moved on up to training for bull riding I could always count on him for anything that we needed done with the horses, fences, trees, tack, pastures, etc. He learned to ride in no time and quickly picked up natural horsemanship. He is brilliant with a cutting sense of humor. He filled in a big hunk of the hole that Lido left.

But dreams should be pursued. KC's interest is in the rodeo business and I can teach him nothing about such an enterprise. He is pursuing his bull riding dream and I certainly wish him well.

His appearance at last night's ride was a complete surprise. It was the best surprise that I have had in a very long time.

4 comments:

KC Rodebush said...

I had a lot of fun, It was really good to see all of the horses and everybody out there again. I really enjoyed my time out there. I hope that I can make ot back out there some time soon.

The Stevensons said...

Wish I was there! Miss seeing you KC! Come out and ride more! It certainly can't hurt your bull riding. ;-)

KC Rodebush said...

I deafinatley wish that I was able to come out and Ride more often.

Anonymous said...

KC should come out more, he is wonderful.