Labels

Monday, September 14, 2009

Lab Results Are In


As indicated in the previous post, Holland and I did an experiment Friday. We set out to see what we were made of.

Holland was absolutely impeccable. He carried 220 lbs forty miles with about 35-38 of those miles at a trot and averaged 5.5 mph. I have no idea how many more miles he could have done. Yesterday I rode him ten miles and he was as fresh as a daisy. He opened up into a 9 mph trot any time I asked him.

I, on the other hand, was peccable. I was working through the saddle sores pretty well when at mile 40 I simply hit the wall. I believe that it was entirely the result of not following through with my nutritional plan. I purchased two large Domino's combination pizza's and only ate one of them.

In all I rode 72 miles this weekend. Now I know that that is not much for you young endurance athletes, but for an aged,arthritic, over weight man who has only a few more teeth than the average rooster, I thought that it was pretty good.

(This is a picture of Holland the first time that I met him).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was more then pretty good, it was very good esspecially since you were able to mantain your usual cheerful attitude the whole time.:D

Anonymous said...

Yes is Holland is good and you're
"gooder".

Priscilla said...

Ha ha.. I like the picture (showing him who's boss! he he!)..