Labels

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seeing the World Through Lido's Eyes


Today has been drab, dark, and overcast with misty rain. The ground is pure muck. I cannot find the beauty in it.
For two people some where out there this has been a beautiful day. Minutes ago Daddy told me that the eye bank contacted him to let him know that there were two recipients of Lido's eye's. Each was blind before the transplant but now each can see.
Have you filled out your organ donor card? As I once saw written on a beautiful plaque on a bridge, "If I [Lido] can do it then why can't you?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such tears of joy!!!
I have filled out my donor card and do hope that my organs will be able to be used as Lido's eyes have been given to these fortunate souls to be allowed to see again.
God is Good.
I can hear Lido now - telling the angels about how his eyes are being seen from someone else.
Love and miss you Lido

Mark L. Stevenson said...

This is great news! Eyesight is definitely something we all take for granted and it's awesome to know that Lido's eyes are being used. I don't want to know how surgeons do that, but the end result is cool.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift from Lido, who was always generous and kind. I can't imagine what it would be like for the person who was blind and now can see.

I am an organ donor. That little red heart on my driver's license is such a pretty decoration.

--Liz Marshall

Anonymous said...

That Red Heart is a great decoration for your drivers license, but as we all know, it means so much more. ***Please remember to be an organ donor. You can save a life!

Blanche Rastetter said...

I have been an organ donor since 1994. Our family has received a heart and has given skin to burnt patients.

You and your family are a giving one in all things, this goes to prove how giving.

What a joy for you to know that not only is Lido living in your hearts and minds, but still living through his eyes.

Bless you for Giving the Gift of Sight.

DianneW said...

This is a very good reminder. There is no sense in letting perfectly good body parts rot in the ground when there a people who would put them to good use.