Labels

Saturday, November 26, 2016

My Empire Of Dirt



My wife and I just purchased a bit less than twenty acres of land adjacent to the horse lot for the use of the program. It was all part of Granddaddy Horace's farm and as recent as the very early 2000's it was a dense pasture. Since then it has over grown with pine, ash, wild cherry and sweet gum.

I had originally planned to fence it in with woven wire. That was before I realized how many trees stood there. The largest are pines that are about 18 inches across at the stump. We are using treated posts to support the poles that we are cutting, toting, and skinning by hand.

It will be a lot of work, but it will be unique for our area. I like that very much. The thought of anything that I am associated with being simply a run of the mill version of what others have or do gives me a claustrophobic feeling and makes it a bit hard to breathe.

I do not think that my land would look any better wearing a Mao suit than I would.

No comments: