Labels

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Good bye Is A Hard Word To Say, or To Hear



At the end of this month Rebecca and the boys and her husband Mark will be moving to Michigan. Can't be profound or even poignant about this. Our program would not be where it is without Rebecca. I was the second person to hold their first son, Liam and she was the first person to ride my horse Ta Sunka Witco. Rebecca sang at the funeral and she and Mark made Luke's middle name to be in honor of Lido.

Several years ago a committee to administer the Lido Fund was created. I did not want to be on the Board. They put Rebecca on the Board because they said that she would know what I thought without asking me.

They were right.

I do not have to say anything else about what Rebecca has meant to my family and my horses.

She knows what I think without asking me.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Argh...that is real bummer. Michigan doesn't deserve them.