Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

No Wall Is Higher, No Barrier Thicker Than a Good Excuse




Too many people love their excuses more than they love truth. The believe to their core excuses like:

I can't speak out. People might think that I am too radical.
But Jesus spoke out.
I can't be honest. People might think I am too abrasive.
But Amos was honest.
I can't take risks. I have a family to think about.
But the Freedom Riders took risks.
I can't get clean. Been on this stuff too long.
But Johnny Cash and Steve Earle got clean.
I can't get on a bad horse. I might get thrown.
But Lido got on bad horses (and he got thrown).
I can't get thrown. I might be afraid to ever get back on.
But Lido got thrown (and he got back on).

But..But..But..
Get up. Shut up. Get on. Go on.
Fall off. Get hurt. Get up. Go on.
Get hurt. Get healed. Get ready. Go on.

I can't do it. I am scared.
But Lido was scared and he did it.

No comments: