Labels

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Purgative




When every direction looks to be an avenue to a different disappointment, I find a bit of relief by pushing myself harder than would be expected of a typical 51 year old prosecutor. Lately each direction has been more a freeway of disappointment than a mere avenue. It is time to purge myself. It is time to do something out of the ordinary from which I can take a modicum of pride.

I am going to take a hard ride pretty much by myself. I want to ride 100 miles in less than 24 hours. I will use a string of several Corollas and other American Indian horses.

That is Washikie, the Shoshone chief, in the center of the picture above. He was older than I am when this picture was taken. That is not a recliner that he is sitting on.

No comments: