Labels

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heavy Lifting



Up at four, water the horses, load four of them in the trailer, drive 100 miles for the parade in Duck, North Carolina, stay on high alert throughout the parade, never relaxing--a toddler could dart out from the crowd, acid burning a hole all the way through my stomach, hurting from a week old riding injury that reminds me that I am not in high school, part of me telling me that I am too old for this, other part telling me that I never was young enough for this. On the other hand--

A couple of thousand people got a chance to see four beautiful Banker horses under saddle. The horses behaved perfectly. My granddaughter joined me a top Holland at the conclusion of the parade. Perhaps neatest of all Emily Wilda rode in her first parade.

Tomorrow I will return to Corolla for Wild Horse Days to do a day of demonstrations on training a wild Corolla mare.

(Pictured above is They Are Afraid of Her. Her only significant stress is deciding at which nipple to nurse.)

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Aww.... Sounds fun!

BTW: That baby is ssooooooooo cute!!