Labels

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Skin Like Iron And Breath As Hard As Kerosene




There are all kinds of studies and statistics out there about exercise, calorie burn, health benefits, exertional level, etc. I find them interesting and sometime instructive. However, there are times that simple, singular examples shed more light than complex studies.

Follow me here: I am fifty two years old and by the standards of height/weight charts I am 50 pounds over weight. I am not a jogger. I ride. I feed up. Do some minimal weight training (very minimal).

Repeat: I am not a jogger. But I just jogged two miles with no difficulty.

Those of you that are runners or are high school athletes will not understand the import of what you just read. Fifty two years old, fifty pounds over weight, jogged two miles.

That illustrates the aerobic benefits of hard riding better than any study that I know of.

Go ahead. Eat the doughnut. Then go saddle up.

(This is a shot of Jimmy, a tough young horseman, hopping on Red Feather. Jimmy is coming down from the mountains in a few weeks to ride with us again. I am very pleased about this.)

No comments: