Labels

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Got To Run To Keep From Hiding



It is a cost of success. Our program is growing in leaps and bounds. My time and talents are not growing an iota. During the first six months of 2016 I rode 1002 miles. I have not kept track this year but since January 1 of 2017 I cannot imagine that I have ridden a total of 100 miles. I have been very busy clearing land, writing and working on new programs like our Home School program. A complex murder and a string of abuse cases have kept things hopping at the office.

( I try to stay away from too much negativity and heightened aggressiveness so fill in this missing paragraph with whatever phrases you would use to describe that special feeling that one gets just before biting a chunk out of a laptop.)

For much of the past two weeks I had hoped to complete the electric fencing around the new 20 acres that we have been  clearing as soon as I got in from the office. Day after day I have been too worn out to get that done. The delay in utilizing that land has cost us about $1,500.00 in hay.

Yesterday I rode in the rain for about 45 minutes. This morning I was to start getting back into heavy riding. I was quite excited to pull up to the tack shed, grab a saddle and go and lope on Ta Sunka Witco for about an hour.

Instead I found about an hour and a half of things that needed to be taken care of. I did not saddle up.

I am beginning to realize that I can get everything done that needs to be done and ride heavy and play music or I can sleep all night, but both cannot happen.

On the bright side, I have been very conscious of the fact that over the past year or two my memory seems to be significantly fading. So it is quite likely that by tomorrow I will have forgotten about it all.

No comments: