Labels

Friday, November 19, 2010

Honey Suckle




Back when I used to plant gardens for the deer, rabbits and turkeys I experimented with planting honey suckle as cover for little turkeys and baby rabbits. It never grew where I expected it to. Some shoots shot up and grew beautifully seemingly all on their own.

About 8 years ago Abby Marble was the prime mover in getting her family to come out and purchase their first pony from me. Abby was about ten or 11 years old. In my book I detailed how the Marble kids ended up with two mustangs that they trained on their own and what first rate riders they had become.

Priscilla was very small at that time. So small that I did not work directly with her and the horses but she watched intently everything that we did. I knew that Abby would be great with horses and I suspected that Emily and Harrison would be also. But Priscilla was just too little for me to hang much hope on.

Like the honey suckle she has grown wonderfully without my direction. She has become a serious Parelli student whose advice I have sought for problems with my horses. It will be quite a while before she is old enough to drive and she is already better with horses than I will ever be.

I cannot claim credit for how well that vine is grown but I am glad that I had a little something to do with planting it.

(Here is a shot of Priscilla and Cricket)

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Mr Edwards.

Without the seed, there wouldn't be growth or a plant. If you hadn't shown me natural horsemanship, I probably wouldn't have found it until I'd been with horses for years.

Thanks! :D

Cilla

Unknown said...

i agree with steve!

Anonymous said...

Me too. :)
-E.