Labels

Friday, June 5, 2015

You Can Overcome The Fear of Horses



Several years ago a lady came to me and asked me to teach her how horses thought. She told me that she would never ride but she wished that she could get horses to respond to her the way they do to me.

I told her that I could teach her that but I explained that within six months she would want to ride and I could teach her that too.

She said that that could never be but that she wanted to learn to understand horses anyway.

Within a few months she took her first ride on Nick, our large standard donkey. She now is is major breeder of a rare breed of northern European horses and she and her husband ride.

That is why everyone who wishes to either get on a horse the first time or simply learn to relax more and enjoy riding should participate in our clinic on June 27 from 9-3 at Mill Swamp Indian Horses near Smithfield Va.

There will only be ten slots open.

This is not a riding clinic--this is a fear management clinic--participants will be given the opportunity to apply what they have learned by mounting one of our very calm, well trained horses. But no one will be forced or shamed into getting on if they are not ready to do so.

Contact me now at msindianhorses@aol.com if you wish to attend.

No comments: