Labels

Thursday, May 8, 2014

For Medicinal Purposes Only



Shoulder not looking good and feeling worse. Seems sometime in the recent past I have damaged it and I am to go see the surgeon Monday.

 In all seriousness, it hurts.

Should say 'hurted"--right now it feels fine--it will start back hurting rather intensely when I get up and leave Levon Helm, Gram Parsons,  and Steve Earle alone here at this desk. As long as I have been sitting here listening with my granddaughter in my lap it feels fine.

Music does for me what liquor does for other people.

It makes everything stop hurting for a little while. It does not make me want to dance. It does not make me want to act without dignity on stage. It does not make me laugh.

It does not even really make me feel good, but there is nothing better than solid music to make me stop feeling bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I'm so sorry you are "laid up" with your shoulder - good luck with the surgery.
Maggie