Labels

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Just For Fun




For several years I have been working at least 10 hours a day for nearly every day of the week. Of course, much of it is work that I enjoy greatly, but between the office and the horse lot, I have pretty much all of my waking time taken.

Sometimes I feel like I am craving fun as much as a little kid does. Fun is elusive. I can find satisfation, but fun is generally out of my reach.

But last night....

....was just flat out fun.

I did a solo showcase show. Discover Teas in Newport News, Virginia. It is only the second time that I have ever played a full show solo. (O.K. Ashley joined me for one song). I played some instruments that many in the audience had never seen and I took a run through some songs of my favorite song writers--- A.P. Carter, Gram Parsons, Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, and me. Did some songs, told some stories, taught some history.

It was fun.

Tom Crockett took the picture of me. He is a great photographer. Check out his work on the Mill Swamp Indian Horses Group Page. The instrument picture was taken by Audrey Parker.

Five string wooden banjo, three string wooden banjo, Auto harp, bouzouki, and guitar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure loved it! You played wonderfully and what you said was so interesting! I never knew that a solo performance (even if the performer did have a helper at one point in time) could be so fun!
-AM