Labels

Monday, December 23, 2013

In Every Aspect Of Your Life



The lessons of natural horsemanship go far beyond the round pen. Soft, slow, steady movement, focus on the task, using no more force than necessary, no rushing--all things that are rote for me in the round pen.

These same things just gave me one of the very few bloodless de-beardings that I have had in a long time. I shaved my face like I work a scared horse and I am not bleeding.

This is not a joke. Natural horsemanship is about more than horses.

Use the lessons learned in the round pen on child rearing, playing music, cooking, coaching, teaching in the class room, sewing, and yes, even shaving.

As has been stressed before --we practice natural horsemanship to make better people, not just better horses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and the better people part is taking effect very well. thank you for the gift! and thank you for sharing your talent as a teacher and mentor!