Labels

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Time's Unending Circle



The seasons have always been the same. They have not changed, but I have. My reaction to the change of seasons has changed as I reach different stage in my life. Winter, spring, and summer all just sneak up on me--always have-- but fall is different. It is the dividing point of my existence.

In my early teen age years the dieing of the corn meant only one thing--football season was coming. It surprises people who know me today to learn how much I enjoyed terrorizing opponents on the field. I was as vicious and blood thirsty as a player could be without getting kicked out of the game. (I did often find myself being ejected for being excessively violent.)

But now I am old, gentle and sweet natured. Today, I do not smack people, no matter how much they deserve it.

Now fall means cooler weather, fewer bugs, and more night rides-----and we start playing music again. We took August off. Next Monday we will begin with a study of Carter family songs and there will be even more kids to teach to sing and play a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must remember to move the fire ring and bring some wood. I am sure some of my bunch will be around. Ak can squeak ok. Maybe I will take up the bagpipes. -Lloyd