Labels

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Truer Words Never Spoken



I have always told my riders that if they consistently find their feet being stepped on by horses it is because they are not focused enough on their horse to read his cues that hoof movement is eminent

I also told them that Red Feather's main danger lies in the fact that he strikes without giving signals that I can read.

In the past four days Red Feather has stepped on my foot more than all other horses combined for the past four years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ironically, he has not stepped on me. Snow does..regularly..I still think it is a game to her. She does not bear down..just scoots a foot. Goof ball.
We talked the other day about how Red feather acts differently between you and I, and that may be part of it, he seems to bend alot of energy trying to crawl into your hip pocket, but treats me like an acquaintance. I think he is anchored so hard to you that he can't help it. Little fellow really hooks up. Maybe we should teach him how to play poker. Nahh..he would get busted counting cards.
I am interested to see how he acts when I show up this evening, not smelling like a hospital. -Lloyd